This page includes information about funding opportunities (bids) and other information directed to county mental health providers.
LPS Act (5150/5585.50) Designated County Facilities
For the benefit of the public, the Department of Mental Health (DMH) is posting a list of facilities which provide mental health treatment to individuals committed under the Lanterman-Petris-Short (LPS) Act pursuant to Welfare and Institutions Code Sections 5150 and 5585.50, and the California Code of Regulations, Title 9, Section 821.
This list is for informational purposes and will be updated annually, and more frequently, if determined necessary.
Click below for list
For questions about this list, or to notify DMH of a change in a facility’s LPS designated status, please call (916) 651-3907.
Information For Providers & Partners
- Disaster Assistance: Resources for counties in the event of a disaster.
- Information Technology Web Services (ITWS): This function has been transferred to the Department of Health Care Services (DHCS).
- Web-Based Data Reporting System: Link to the DMH Web-Based Data Reporting system.
- Performance Outcomes & Quality Improvement (POQI): Link to POQI information, including MHSA Full Service Partnership evaluation forms, data submission, reports, letters, system documents, and training.
- Involuntary Detentions Reports Forms and Instructions.
- DMH Letters and Notices: Link to California Department of Mental Health (DMH) Letters and Notices.
- Local Programs Financial Support: Links to Information about CRFS Reporting Training and contact information.
Contacts for Providers & Partners
DMH employs County Liaisons that serve as the primary points of contact for California counties administering public mental health services. County liaisons assist counties in the provision of quality mental health services that meet the needs of all Californians, and are consistent with state regulatory and contractual requirements.
County Mental Health Departments
County Mental Health Departments Listing - 07/24/08