Office of Multicultural Services
- 2010 Cultural Competence Plan Requirements
- CA Reducing Disparities Project
- Community Engagement
- Cultural Competence Advisory Committee
- Cultural Competence Resources
- Informational Fact Sheets
- Language Access
- Mission & Core Principles
- News & Updates
- Organizational Links
- Resources & Download
- Contact Us
Office of Multicultural Services: 2010 Cultural Competence Plan Requirements
To support counties in the development of their 2010 Cultural Competence Plan Requirements (CCPR) (DMH Information Notice No. 10-02), the Department of Mental Health Office of Multicultural Services (OMS) is pleased to provide an array of website resources detailed below. This page will be updated regularly so as to keep all counties informed and up to date on pivotal technical assistance data, resources, and trainings that will support the work of counties as they develop, expand, and integrate cultural competence across the entire mental health system.
Questions about the information below or questions pertaining to the CCPR may be directed to Kimberly Knifong, Office of Multicultural Services, (916) 653-0767 or via email at Kimberly.Knifong@dmh.ca.gov .
CCPR Criterion 6 Consultation Opportunity
OMS conducted a brief consultation on Criterion 6 at each Ethnic Services Manager's regional meeting.
The consultation focused on the CCPR integration of WET Plan strategies to grow a multicultural workforce and retain culturally and linguistically competent staff. Counties will have a better understanding of suggested responses to the CCPR.
The first consultation was conducted at the Bay Area Ethnic Services Manager's meeting on May 27, 2010.
The second consultation was conducted at the Central Region Ethnic Services Manager's meeting on May 28, 2010.
The third consultation was conducted at the Southern Region Ethnic Services Manager's meeting on June 3, 2010.
All trainings for the 2010 Cultural Competence Plan Requirements are finished. Multiple technical assistance trainings were conducted, in different regions, to support writing of the 2010 CCPR. Trainings were held on: February 18, 2010 (Oakland); March 18, 2010 (San Bernardino); March 29, 2010 (Sacramento); December 10, 2010 (Redding), and February 28, 2011 (Sacramento). However, counties are welcome to call the Office of Multicultural Services directly should they need information or technical assistance, at (916) 651-9524.
- DMH Information Notice 10-02 - 02/28/2011
- DMH Information Notice 10-02 Enclosure - 02/28/2011
- Complete List of Small Counties and Definition of Small County
- Criterion II Supplemental Handout - 02/28/2011
- OMS WET Findings
- Workforce Education & Training Resources
- Threshold Languages Notice
- Threshold Languages Per County
- CCPR Reviewer Instructions
- CCPR Scoring Tool
- CCPR Summary Report
- Formula for CCPR Scoring Criteria
If you have any questions about the above training opportunities, contact Kimberly.Knifong@dmh.ca.gov or 916-653-0767.
- 2010 CCPR
- 2010 CCPR DMH INFORMATION NOTICE
- 2010 CCPR Technical Assistance Power Point Presentation from Regional Trainings
- DMH found Sacramento and San Diego County 2003 CCPR to be excellent examples of working cultural competence plans that effectively presented data, data analysis, and objectives and strategies to reduce disparities informed by their data presentation and analysis.
- REFUGEE DATA
- PREVALANCE DATA
- THRESHOLD LANGUAGE UPDATE
- DMH Client and Service Information (CSI) DMH Statewide Production Reports for Fiscal Years 06-07, 07-08, 08-09